Tuesday, April 27, 2010

2nd Tier PPC and Click Fraud

I am trying hard here.  I really want to find some gems among the diamonds in the rough.  Okay, maybe some clear glass in the sand.  Unfortunately, I have not been so lucky.  My normal expectations are that I get a conversion from about 100 clicks.  At the low cost of most 2nd tier networks, 300:1 would be okay.  Here’s the honored list of who I have tried using, in most cases, fairly long-tail phrases:

·         Miva – I like their interface, I like their people.  Maybe someone else can get results, I have not. My words are a bit strong, but I do feel a little cheated.  2 campaigns: (1) 1,410 pageviews, 79% bounce, Zero conversions.  (2) 846 pages, 88% bounce, Zero conversions. 

·         Kanoodle – I have to commend this company on their recruiting.  Very nice people.  2,429 pages, 99.6% bounce.  Now, this is inflated.  There was one term that got 1,600 clicks in a day, was obvious click fraud and they credited be back $100.  It looked like  got 1 conversion, but who knows for sure if it was legitimate. 

·         Looksmart – This is getting old.  Turned it off today.  Last I checked, 95% bounce and 1 possible conversion on what I can see.  Cost per conversion did not make any sense.  I killed it after spending just under $200.  I got off cheap comparatively. 

·         Marchex – I hate to even list them with the others at this point.  I am seeing good engagement (people going to deeper pages).  The bounce rate is low so far.  I will update you.

Meanwhile, if you have tried Miva, Kanoodle, or Looksmart, I want to hear from you.  What was your experience.   My conclusion, you get what you pay for.  More to come.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home